Skip to content
Consults with Dr. Berkson
- Dr. Berkson works with persons committed to getting well, doing whatever it takes and making positive proactive and often dietary changes in their lives.
- Specializes in medical nutrition for complex cases, hormone support, gut issues, and nutritional advice for seriously ill patients.
- Dr. Berkson’s credentials: MA, DC, DACBN, ACN, hormone scholar, author of 22 books, published research in peer review literature with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, formulator of nutraceuticals for physicians, collaborator on two patented medications (one for hormones, one for wounds for diabetics and immunocompromised patients).
- Dr. Berkson has been in practice for 47 years, has a podcast and teaches relicensing courses for MDs and other professionals , so she has a lot of experience to pull from to sleuth complex cases and find unusual but effective ways to help you.
- Dr. Berkson mentors MD’s, NP’s, pharmacists and other health professionals. She teaches unique clinical nuances and natural, effective, science-based protocols. You get all these benefits when you have an in-depth consult, where Dr. Berkson focuses all that experience (and compassion) on YOU!
- There can never be any guarantees in healthcare. However, Dr. Berkson specializes in complex cases and many of her clients are doctors themselves. She is known for rapidly getting to the bottom of very difficult cases.
- If you live long distance, we can meet over the phone. Dr. Berkson works with patients from all over the world. You may also consult with Dr. Berkson in person in Austin, TX.
- Your own personal practitioners are welcome to sit in on your sessions if you and they would like to do so.
Your First Visit
- The fee for your first visit is $750.
- The first visit fee includes Dr. Berkson’s time to review your new patient paperwork along with any doctor’s notes and pertinent labs prior to your first appointment, the initial appointment and post visit notes writeup. You will receive an in-depth write up of intake notes, impressions and recommendations for healing strategies and possible future testing. Dr. Berkson’s thoughts are highlighted in yellow in your write-up notes for you to understand her thinking and comments. The first visit fee covers 4-5 hours of Dr. Berkson’s time focused on you and your health.
- On average, first visits are 1.5 hours. Some especially complex cases may go longer. Appointments that exceed 2 hours will be billed for the time exceeding 2 hours in 15 minute increments at $65 per 15 minutes.
- A non-refundable partial payment of $500 is due when you book your appointment to hold your spot. The remainder is due at the first appointment.
- After making your partial payment to hold your spot, you will be contacted within 36 hours with possible consult times and will receive your patient intake forms.
- You can reschedule at least 36 hours before your appointment and use the funds for a rescheduled appointment but not refunds. However, if you cancel or reschedule within 36 hours of your appointment, then the pre-payment amount which held your spot is forfeited.
- First visit consult is required for new patients or old patients that have not been seen for 5 years.
- After making your partial payment, you will be contacted within 36 hours with forms and possible consult times.
- $500 for test results review, written recommendations and 1 hr appointment. Dr. Berkson reviews all test results prior to meeting with you, often compares them to past tests and reports, compiles strategies and action steps, offers recommendations for your medical provider to consider, along with supportive abstracts and literature if appropriate. After she prepares these recommendations you will meet with her for a one hour appointment to review the results and her recommendations. This fee also includes a follow up short phone call if you have questions regarding the write-up.
- $250 for standard follow-up progress visit, hour long.
- $165 for brief follow-up visits: ½ hour long.
- $65 for 15 minute follow-up Q&A
- Payment in full is required BEFORE written recommendations will be sent to you.
- Labs are not included in any of Dr. Berkson’s fees.
- Please complete and return the paperwork we send you along with any pertinent labs at least 3 business days prior to your scheduled appointment. Failure to do so may necessitate rescheduling your appointment depending on the complexity of your case.
- Not insurance reimbursable. Dr. Berkson does not fill out insurance forms. If this doesn’t work for you then this is not a good fit.
- Email Support: Dr. Berkson answers specific questions related to treatment recommendations for existing patients for the three months after consultation. More general questions, or questions after 3 months require a follow-up consultation.
- If you need scripts, and you are long distance, you will need medical providers who are willing to be team players.
- Vitae of Dr. Berkson click here