Skip to content ConsultWpHelp2020-11-14T10:58:57-06:00
Why Consult with Dr. Berkson?
- Dr. Berkson specializes in medical nutrition for complex cases, hormone support, gut issues, and nutritional advice for seriously ill patients. She works with people committed to getting well, doing whatever it takes and making positive proactive and often dietary changes in their lives.
- There can never be any guarantees in healthcare. However, Dr. Berkson specializes in complex cases and many of her clients are doctors themselves. She is known for rapidly getting to the bottom of very difficult cases.
- Dr. Berkson’s credentials: MA, DC, DACBN, ACN, hormone scholar, author of 22 books, published research in peer review literature with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, formulator of nutraceuticals for physicians, collaborator on two patented medications (one for hormones, one for wounds for diabetics and immunocompromised patients).
- Dr. Berkson has been in practice for 47 years, has a podcast and teaches relicensing courses for MDs and other professionals, so she has a lot of experience to pull from to sleuth complex cases and find unusual. but effective ways to help you.
- Dr. Berkson mentors MD’s, NP’s, pharmacists and other health professionals. She teaches unique clinical nuances and natural, effective, science-based protocols. You get all these benefits when you have an in-depth consult, where Dr. Berkson focuses all that experience (and compassion) on YOU!
- Dr. Berkson works with patients from all over the world.
- Your own personal practitioners are welcome to sit in on your sessions if you and they would like to do so.
Your First Visit
- The fee for your first visit is $750 ($500 pre-payment with $250 balance due at appointment).
- The first visit fee includes Dr. Berkson’s time to review your new patient paperwork along with any doctor’s notes and pertinent labs prior to your first appointment, the initial appointment and post visit notes write up. You will receive an in-depth write up of intake notes, impressions and recommendations for healing strategies and possible future testing. Dr. Berkson’s thoughts are highlighted in yellow in your write-up notes for you to understand her thinking and comments.
- On average, first visits are 1.5 hours. Some especially complex cases may go longer. Appointments that exceed 2 hours will be billed for the time exceeding 2 hours in 15 minute increments at $65 per 15 minutes.
- A non-refundable partial payment of $500 is due when you book your appointment to hold your spot. The remainder is due at the first appointment.
- After making your partial payment to hold your spot, you will be contacted within a few days to schedule your appointment and will receive your patient intake forms.
- The pre-payment amount that holds your spot is non-refundable.
- If you need to reschedule, it must be at least 36 hours before your appointment. However, if you reschedule within 36 hours of your appointment, the pre-payment amount which held your spot is forfeited.
- A first visit consult is required for all new patients and any existing patients that have not been seen for 5 years.
- Test Results: $500 for test results review, written recommendations and a 1 hour appointment. Dr. Berkson reviews all test results prior to meeting with you, often comparing them to past tests and reports, compiles strategies and action steps, offers recommendations for your medical provider(s) to consider, along with supportive abstracts and literature if appropriate. After she prepares these recommendations you will meet with her for a one hour appointment to review the results and her recommendations. This fee also includes one short follow up phone call if you have questions regarding the write-up.
- Standard Follow-Up Progress Visit: $250 for standard follow-up progress visit, (one hour).
- Brief Follow-Up Visit: $165 for brief follow-up visits, (½ hour).
- Follow-Up Q&A: $65 for brief follow-up Q&A (15 minute).
- Payment in full is required BEFORE written recommendations will be sent to you.
- Labs are not included in any of Dr. Berkson’s fees.
- Please complete and return the paperwork we send you along with any pertinent labs at least 3 business days prior to your scheduled appointment. Failure to do so may necessitate rescheduling your appointment depending on the complexity of your case.
- Not insurance reimbursable. Dr. Berkson does not fill out insurance forms or provide insurance coding.
- Dr. Berkson does not act as a primary care provider but as part of your health team. Her consults are educational and her recommendations are offered as a team player with your other healthcare providers.
- Dr. Berkson does not write prescriptions. If you need scripts you will need a local, to you, doctor willing to work as a team with Dr. Berkson.
- Another option is to see Dr. Berkson at the Naples Center for Functional Medicine where there is an established team of doctors including MD’s for prescriptions.
- Vitae of Dr. Berkson click here