Consults with Dr. Berkson (what to expect in working with Dr. B)
- Dr. Berkson works with persons committed to getting well, doing whatever it takes and making positive proactive and often dietary changes in their lives.
- If you live long distance, we can meet over the phone. Dr. Berkson works with patients from all over the world. You may also consult with Dr. Berkson in person in Austin, TX.
- If you need scripts, and you are long distance, you will need medical providers who are willing to be team players.
- There is a partial pre-payment (non-refundable) of $150 fee to hold your first consultation appointment ( New patient appointments are typically 1.5 hours but can be two hours (or longer) for very complex cases.
- Please fill out the one-week chart sent to you after we set up a time, and send any pertinent labs done within the last 6 months ahead of time for Dr. Berkson to review before your first session.
- There can never be any guarantees in healthcare. However, Dr. Berkson specializes in complex cases and many of her clients are doctors themselves. She is known for rapidly getting to the bottom of very difficult cases.
- Your own personal practitioners are welcome to sit in on your sessions if you and they would like to do so.
Checklist for first session:
- At the first session have available: a mirror, your supplements and medications in front of you (but send a list of these ahead of time with the name of the product and company), a quiet room and phone that has the other incoming calls turned off.
- Have your one-week diet/life chart sent in along with labs at least 48 hours ahead of time for Dr. Berkson to review.
- If you reschedule at least 48 hours before your appointment we can reschedule with no problem. If you cancel or reschedule within 48 hours of your appointment, then the pre-payment amount, which held your spot, is forfeited..
Dr. Berkson charges for her time.
This includes her consultation with you, note-writing, emails, etc. as it takes a lot of
time, attention to detail and care, to do in-depth sessions, which get complex cases well and expose all pertinent root cause(s).
- Prepayment non-refundable: $150 goes toward the total bill as long as your appointment is kept.
- First hour of consult: $295
- Each additional hour: $195*
- Note writing: $185/hr
- Test Result follow-ups = $225/hr.+ note writing
- 15-minute short check-in calls: $60
* Time billed in 15 min increments
- Berkson goes over the in-depth first session and spends a lot of time writing an individualized report/recommendations/game plan and sometimes adds recommendations to your medical provider, abstracts, diets, recipes, it is all individual. These notes take a lot of time and care. They are all about helping you.
- Berkson brings 40+ years of clinical practice, teaching other doctors at relicensing courses, book writing and research to the table.
- Berkson is not insurance reimbursable. She does not fill out insurance forms.
If this doesn’t work for you then this is not a good fit.
- Berkson specializes in medical nutrition for complex cases, hormone support, gut issues, and nutritional advice for seriously ill patients.
- Berkson’s credentials: MA, DC, DACBN, ACN, hormone scholar, author of 22 books, published research in peer review literature with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, formulator of nutraceuticals for physicians,
collaborator on two patented medications (one for hormones, one for wounds for diabetics and immunocompromised patients).
- Vitae of Berkson click here