Dr. Berkson interviews Lisa Tamati on her incredible story told in her new book “Relentless” of never giving up and healing from brain injury. Lisa’s mom had a stroke and aneurysm both within 3 days and was given a few weeks to live. But Lisa would not take “no” for an answer.
In ingenious manners, Lisa had her mother go on hyperbaric oxygen treatments, nutrients and medications. All these boost brain function to return after devastating injury.
Lisa kindly put together a list for our show notes (thanks Lisa!) with all kinds of action-steps, nutrients and even off-label use of meds to help brain trauma patients:
Lisa feels that, “Everyone who has had a brain injury would benefit from:”
- A sleep apnea assessment.
- Hyperbaric oxygen tank treatments
- Exercise to increase BDNF, preferably high intensity interval training
- Get Pituitary gland checked – hormone production can be impaired by brain injury which can lead to many secondary problems
- Brain exercises – challenging the brain all the time
- Get thyroid checked as this can be affected
- Infrared laser therapy – Photo biomodulation – go vielight.com use code Tamati at Checkout 10% discount on devices
Brain Helpful Supplements:
- N-Acetyl Cysteine acute dose 2 grams x 2 a day days 1 -4, days 5-7 1.5 gram x a day
- Fish oil with higher EPA to DHA (must be of highest quality, many oxidize if not processed properly)
- Alternative to fish oil for omega 3 is spirulina (all around good omega supplement in high dosages (it’s a food not a supplement so can’t overdo it ) the best on the market is energybits.com use code Lisa at checkout to get 20% off
- Chlorella also from energy bits
- MCT oil (brain octane oil – Bulletproof is probably the best)
- Curcumin for inflammation
- Vitamin C for inflammation
- Vitamin D 5000 IU/day
- Bacopa Monniere
- N- Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Coenzyme Q10
- Aniracetam (drug but very well tolerated and used for over 6 decades with virtually no side effects) and piracetam
- Huperzine A
- Gota Kola
- Panax Ginseng
- Alpha GPC (1200mg initially)
- Acetyl L Carnitine
- Cordyceps Mushroom Extract
- Good quality extra virgin Olive Oil (oleic acid)
Guest Resources and Links
Playlist of all Lisa’s mums videos that accompany the book so people can come along the journey at different stages with us. https://www.lisatamati.com/page/playlist/
Video of her mom learning to swim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6tqbaEHDlc
Podcast: “Pushing the Limits”
Lisa’s books – available on her website at www.lisatamati.com or on Amazon
Running to Extremes
Online running training club: https://www.lisatamati.com/page/runningpage/
Lisa’s Mental Toughness and Emotional Resilience course: https://www.lisatamati.com/page/mindsetuniversity/
Lisa’s Epigenetics Testing Program: https://www.lisatamati.com/page/epigenetics/
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!