SEXY BRAIN: How Sizzling Intimacy & Balanced Hormones Prevent Alzheimer’s, Cancer, Depression, & Divorce
By Dr. Devaki Lindsey Berkson
Contact: Dr. Devaki Lindsey Berkson 512-507-3279 [email protected]
Love is under attack!
Learn exactly how to protect your intimacy, brain and relationships from today’s toxic world. And how to be the best lover ever!
SEXY BRAIN is a breakthrough book about a new problem—the looming threat of environmental castration.
Just as science is showing that intimacy is as beneficial as veggies and exercise for your health—especially for your brain—today’s intimacy is under attack from our toxic environment.
Our toxic environment and unhealthy life styles are hijacking our hormones and tamping down our human ability to connect or to benefit from these connections as nature intended.
This is Berkson’s 20th book. Berkson wrote one of the first books on endocrine disruption (Hormone Deception, 2000), one of the first books on the mind/gut/nutrition link (Healthy Digestion the Natural Way, 2001) and one of the first books on bioidentical hormones and how they lean on nutrients and the gut (Safe Hormones, 2010).
Now all these books converge in the American bedroom.
Berkson was asked by a team of surgeons and urologists to write a book on hormones and intimacy for their 100 erectile dysfunction clinics. In doing due diligence, Dr. Lindsey was stunned to see how intimacy is critical for health, especially cognition. Yet, at the same time, our human ability to want and have great intimacy is threatened by today’s modern terrain.
SEXY BRAIN gives exact answers on how to create amazing intimacy, exact steps to be a great lover based on the hard-wired biology of estrogen and testosterone, and unveils the unappreciated cross-talk between intimacy and your brain and gut. Factoids are science-based but written with zest.
Sex starts in the gut.
Learn that the gut is the “mothership” not only for physical health, but also for hormone health, including intimacy.
Learn about the “microgenderome,” which is the how your gut bugs and gut wall interact with your hormones (and your desire, ability, and pleasure).
Unhealthy guts create unhealthy hormones, no matter how normal the levels of your hormones may appear on any type of testing.
- Do the 10-day, Sex Hormone Receptor Detox to improve hormone signaling and get the benefit from intimacy that nature intended.
- Discover the Hormone Language of Love so relationships become less frustrating and more successful.
- Get the big brain benefits of intimacy when you learn how to have big “O’s” with “Awakened Sex.”
- This is a book parents can respectfully gift to their adult kids when they get engaged.
- This is a 360-degree intimacy manual to understand and achieve in-depth human connection.
- Know which nutrients are critical for great intimacy.
- Learn more about oxytocin than even your doctors know.
About the Author
Dr. Devaki Lindsey Berkson is a thought-leader in functional medicine with an emphasis on hormones, nutrition, and the gut. Berkson has been in clinical practice for almost 4 decades. She was a scholar at an estrogen think tank at Tulane University where she worked with the top scientists in the field of hormones and health. For years she has taught relicensing seminars to professionals (MDs, pharmacists, DCs, NDs, and nutritionists). She formulated the first female nutraceutical line for physicians in the U.S. (Metagenics FEM LINE). She and Dr. J. V. Wright hold a patent on bioidentical hormones. She collaborated on one of the first herbal/pharmaceutical drugs. She collaborated and published original research with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Berkson is also a fellow of the prestigious medical research institute, the Health Studies Collegium.
Berkson consults with people and doctors internationally, combining science-based nutrition and hormonal strategies.
She is known for connecting-the-dots of science, informing the public about emerging health issues and then recommending safe, natural answers. She pioneered the concept of green pregnancies and the unappreciated role of hormones and intimacy with the gut.
- “Good sex promotes better health and happiness! In Sexy Brain, Dr. Berkson uses her deep understanding of how sex relates to published brain and body science, telling us in understandable language how to improve our sex lives, actually protecting and improving our health—especially brain health—by doing so. An excellent book with excellent information for our health and longevity—as well as happiness—if we act on the information it contains.”
—Jonathan V. Wright M.D., Tahoma Clinic, Renton, Washington. Author of Stay Young and Sexy With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
- “Enjoyable sexual intercourse is what people are supposed to have forever, not stop when we age. It’s all about balanced hormones and Dr. Berkson tells it all.”
—Alan R. Gaby, M.D., Author of Nutritional Medicine
- “I couldn’t put this book down. Sexy Brain is a must read for anyone searching for a healthier lifestyle. Dr. Berkson writes in a simple yet elegant style. It is impossible for anyone to reach their optimal health or achieve rewarding sex without hormonal balance. Dr. Berkson’s book provides all the information needed to understand why hormonal balancing and an active sex life are so important.”
—David Brownstein, M.D., Author of 12 books, including The Miracle of Natural Hormones and Dr. Brownstein’s Natural Way to Health Newsletter
- “Dr. Berkson’s latest book SEXY BRAIN is her newest masterpiece to add to her impressive list of books. As always, Dr. Berkson picks a topic of current interest, researches it to the finest detail and then compiles her findings in a logical, scientific, poetic, and easy-to-read format. Compared to other books on the topic, which seem to be little more than R-rated fiction, SEXY BRAIN takes the reader through a scientifically backed journey into the human brain’s role in physical attraction, emotional involvement, and the pleasures of intimacy. And the benefits. Even as a gynecologist, I had no idea that intimacy and lovemaking were so brain protective! This is a must read for any professional who counsels patients or anyone who simply wants to get more out of intimacy and the physical pleasures that life has to offer.
—Jack Monaco, M.D., Nashville, TN, Gynecologist and Professor of Functional Medicine
- “This important book is based on Dr. Lindsey Berkson’s in-depth study of the science behind sexuality and gender expression. It’s an engaging read and is sure to be controversial.”
—Patricia Johnson & Mark Michaels, Co-authors: Partners in Passion, Great Sex Made Simple: Tantric Tips to Deepen Intimacy & Heighten Pleasure, and The Essence of Tantric Sexuality
- “In the first six pages I was already blown away! People are going to love this!”
—Carol L. Roberts, M.D., author, Good Medicine: A Return to Common Sense, Naples, Florida
- “My sex life with my husband was already great, but after reading Dr. Berkson’s book on Sexy Brain, our sex life has now climbed to a higher, better level. After doing the exercises in the book, we unleashed the frequency of my orgasms one after the other. Dr. Lindsey’s book will not only revolutionize your sex life but it also will change the way you view orgasms as they relate to your health. Her incredible way of incorporating the medical info with the pleasurable side of intimacy provides a provocative read.”
—Tanjie Brewer, CEO of the COVE , Chicago, IL
- “I could not put it down. I am very, very impressed by how well Berkson writes. Her degree of research and her extraordinary writing style are really impressive. This is wonderful work and I regard Berkson as having proven herself to be an authority on this important topic.”
—Bob Steinberg, CEO, Sage Manufacturing, Carmel Valley, CA
- “I have read all of Berkson’s books, and that’s a lot, and I keep them on my shelf as references for female health and nutrition. Berkson’s new book combines scholarly facts with humor and insight. Rather than sit on a shelf, it’s my new bedside companion!
—Bee Zollo, Hospice RN, Santa Fe, NM
- “This work is BRILLIANT. Berkson talking about the gut as it relates to love and sex is really something! I did not know about the connection between testosterone and lungs. You make leaps and jumps that are really fresh, new, and exciting. It is all done with a lot of love—and to help people love each other. Your work is really inspired. I don’t want to take hormone replacement myself, but it doesn’t matter. There is so much else to grab onto.”
—Judith Fein, author of Life is a Trip, The Spoon from Minkowitz, Huffington Post and Psychology Today Blogger, & Ted Talk presenter
- “Dr. Berkson, thank you for writing such a fascinating, informative, and easy to understand book. I learned more from your book on how hormones run my life and bedroom than from years of visits to many doctors’ offices from Oklahoma to California. All men and women wanting successful relationships and even brain health should read this book.”
—Brenda Johnson, Grateful Homemaker, Tulsa, OK