In today’s show, Sellma Vllasi, NP and Dr. Berkson explore the some gender differences in medicine including:
– Which diseases women and men get more often and why.
– Why women are more prone to auto-immune diseases.
– Biases in treatment.
– Biases in insurance reimbursement.
– The conundrum of birth control with the burden on the woman, especially the fall-out of adverse side-effects of oral contraceptives.
Sellma Vllasi, NP works at the Wiseman Family Practice Clinic which specializes in functional medicine and natural answers for health problems. It is one of the top bioidentical hormone clinics in Austin, Texas. Dr. Berkson saw patients at the Wiseman Clinic for 6 years and continues to share mutual patients with them.
Guest Resources & Links
We would be so appreciative if you would share the podcast on your social media channels.
Please Review Us on ITunes!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast in Itunes. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast. Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!