Your vision is priceless. You will learn—in this amazing and magical dialogue—how to preserve, restore and protect your vision, from one of the world’s top eye specialists.
Dr. Rani is the founder of Envision Health NYC, a private practice based in New York City. She is an award-winning Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine and also serves as principal investigator for 5 multi-centered clinical trials in neuro-ophthalmology.
Dr. Banik is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Exam Development Committee and helps to set the standards for board certification in her field.
Dr. Rani’s severe migraines, that no specialist could help, were finally “fixed” by nutrition. Thus, Dr. Rani now adds nutrition, and even essential oils, to her high-powered ophthalmologic practice.
In this show you will learn:
- What is Ophthalmology versus Neuro-Ophthalmology?
- What medical eye food is the most inclusive at this present time and how to get a prescription.
- The use of essential oils for various eye conditions.
- Which plant pigments protect which parts of the eye.
- What are the best foods to protect our eyes.
- What is blue-light and which is the largest source?
- Which screens work the best to block out blue-light and how to purchase them.
- Which supplements best protect our eyes.
- How and when to start preventing macular degeneration.
- What causes and eliminates dry eyes?
- Do glaucoma patients have a higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease?
Lumega-Z Details and Links
Prescription Eye Medical Food (one of the most complete formulas presently and also “possibly” covered by Medicare): Lumega-Z https://lumegaz.com/lumega-z/ It contains: lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-xanthin, and also has astaxanthin in low concentration.
Guest Resources & Links
Dr. Rani’s social media:
Private Facebook groups:
Eye on Migraine
YouTube Channel Rudrani Banik, M.D.
Also, if anyone is interested in more migraine information, there are Migraine Resources page on Dr. Rani’s website which has 2 videos, supplements and essential oils she recommends, FL-41 tinted glasses, and a screen filter app for light sensitivity.
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!