Be master of your mind rather than having your mind be master of you! As our culture and world gets more stimuli, more screen time, more job demands, our mindfulness and peace can suffer.
In this show you learn:
- What is mindfulness.
- How mindfulness is like “falling in love” with the details that make up your life, rather than be overwhelmed by them.
- Exact steps to practice it within minutes.
- How mindfulness can help you deal successfully with physical pain and negative emotions.
- How negative emotions “lube” a groove into your survival brain while shutting down your higher executive brain.
- What breathing has to do with it.
- Generation stress.
- Recipe for peace: pay attention, say thank you, breathe.
- And more.
Dr. Race started the Mindful Life Schools program which has helped over 50,000 children and many teachers learn mindfulness and create more happiness.
Kristen Race, Ph.D. is a parent of two young children, as well as an expert in child, family and school psychology. Dr. Race is the author of Mindful Parenting and founder of Mindful Life™.
Dr. Race has been featured in The New York Times, NPR, The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, USA TODAY, CNN, and Real Simple Magazine. She is a regular blogger for The Huffington Post and Psychology Today and a TEDx speaker.
The effect of mindfulness is extremely pronounced. Yale scientists demonstrated (see citation below) that even when participants were subjected to high heat on their forearm, their brain responded as if it was experiencing normal temperature if they were practicing simple mindfulness techniques.
It is connecting to the present moment peacefully, gratefully and with NON-JUDGMENT.
In this show you learn the easy and effective technique of PBR:
- Breathe, and
- Respond with Intention.
- Very cool!
- Works fast when practiced regularly.
Our judgments can rule us… making us vulnerable to anxiety, negativity and unhappiness.
The good news is… we can learn to rule our judgments.
With tools of mindfulness. This leads to awareness and to control over our mind and health.
Awareness of what rules us is a huge part of feeling healthier and happier. It rules how you act and react. And what you attract.
It makes you comfy inside your body, brain and relationships.
Understand and practice awareness.
This show guides you how!
Guest Resources & Links
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!