Pomegranates are as close to a miracle food as Mother Nature gets. Pomegranates protect your heart, safeguard your estrogens, “sensitize” insulin receptors better than many diabetic drugs without nasty side effects, slow down aging, and fight cancer.
Pomegranates fight against lots of bad stuff:
- Anti-bad cholesterol
- Anti-heart disease
- Anti-kidney disease
- Anti-cognitive disease
Pomegranates support a lot of good actions:
- Pro-nitric oxide availability and levels
- Pro-kidney health
- Pro-blood vessel health
- Pro-heart health
- Pro-bone health
- Pro-immune supportive
- Pro-mitochondrial support
- Pro-brain protection
In this show you will learn exactly how pomegranates protect heart health:
- Makes APOCIII genetic glitches work better.
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Lowers Oxidized Cholesterol
- Makes cholesterol less dangerous and less sticky.
- Boosts enzymes that keep blood fats healthier.
- Reduces size of plaque (atherosclerotic lesions).
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces Blood clotting
- Increases nitric oxide
- Treats angina
You’ll discover that ALL parts of pomegranates contain healthy plant compounds.
- The reddish kernel (referred to as a pomegranate “aril”), and
- The whitish seed core in the middle of the kernel where the distinct oil and fiber
- Pomegranate juice contains all of these components, though it contains more available sugars then chewing the arils whole.
Hard to conceive that pomegranates contain a one-of-a-kind omega fatty acid, omega-5 fatty acid. No other plant on earth contains this special compound. You will hear what omega-5 fatty acid does for the human body, including liver, brain, breast and prostate tissue.
It is rather stunning to realize that numerous scientific articles conclude that pomegranates are type-2 diabetic’s best friend. Why? Because Punicic acid, the main ingredient of pomegranate omega-5 seed oil, is a “peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma” agonist. This means it signals insulin receptors. Yet, unlike synthetic insulin signalers, such as the diabetic family of drugs called thiazolidinedione’s, pomegranate oil has no nasty side effects.
Pomegranates also fight insulin resistance.
You will hear a discussion on pomegranates as an “Adaptogenic Food Estrogen” and how consuming pomegranates regularly effects sex steroid hormones, such as estrogen.
Pomegranates also fight cancer. The compounds in the arils fight tumors cells as well as inhibit cancer stem cells. (It is cancer stem cells that cause most of cancer recurrences.)
Pomegranate seed oil blocks most (90% inhibition) of proliferation of ER+ laboratory breast cancer cells (called MCF-7cells, first harvested from a nun and then cultured continually in experimental cancer labs all over the world).
Pomegranates cause 54% of cancer cell death in ER- breast cancer cells (MDA-MB-435).
Pomegranates are strikingly kidney protective and reduce both renal and heart complications in kidney patients down the road.
After this show you will know exactly what a pomegranate aril is, where to get it and how often to consume it. And you will realize the few pomegranate contraindications.
This show is jammed packed with “food as medicine” facts!
Also, don’t miss Berkson Blog on pomegranates coming soon, too, at drlindseyberkson.com.
We would be so appreciative if you would share the podcast on your social media channels.
Now Available on Spotify
Please Review Us on ITunes!
If you've enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast in Itunes. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast. Itunes doesn't make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there.....
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white "Write a review" button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!