Come join guest Dr. Mark Houston who will take you on a journey of your heart health that will leave you spellbound.
Dr. Houston has been training medical doctors in functional cardiology for over 30 years including lecturing for A4M, the Anti-Aging Certification Course for MDs. Dr. Houston and Dr. Berkson are colleagues, they lecture together, they are friends, and Dr. Mark is also Dr. Lindsey’s doc!
As a renowned “iconic functional cardiologist”, Dr. Mark Houston is looking deeper under the “hood” of your heart than most heart or even hypertension doctors ever would. He has been in practice for 44 years bringing together the best state-of-the-art traditional western medicine with natural medicine, functional medicine and metabolic medicine.
Listen and you will hear all these words defined.
You will learn how Dr. Houston’s approach integrates the whole person‚ mind, body and spirit.
You will be shocked at the in-depth manner in which he evaluates the heart, the lining of your blood vessels and even blood pressure analysis. He leaves no stone unturned.
In this show you will learn:
- What is functional cardiology?
- Why do so few cardiologists do this?
- Why there is a huge difference between different functional cardiologists?
- How an exam at Dr. Houston’s clinic might differ from an exam at a typical cardiology clinic.
- Why Dr. Houston tests the ApoC3 gene, what it does, and if it’s out of balance how to fix it.
- Why you may want your blood pressure checked for 24-hours especially at night.
- What is “nocturnal hypertension”?
- What is the calcium score test?
- Why run a blood gene panel on the genes that influence heart health?
- What test evaluates the “flexibility” or “stiffness” of the lining of your blood vessels?
- Why use fish oil supplements and which kind are the best?
- Why recommend nutraceuticals?
- Why a wise healer uses that which works, not just runs yearly blood tests and tells you all is fine even when you still don’t feel well?
- What about stents, statins and more!
Hear how a patient of Dr. Berkson’s went to many expert cardiologists who did not find the answer, but Dr. Houston found it in the first visit and fixed it.
You will hear a bit about these molecules of mass destruction, too:
- Galectin 3
- Cystatin C
- ADMA – Asymmetric dimethylarginine.
- SDMA – Symmetric dimethylarginines
USA Today wrote that Dr. Houston is “the Most Influential Doctor in both Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia.”
Dr. Houston was named one of America’s Top Physicians in 2008 and 2009.
Guest Resources & Links
Books By Doctor Houston
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Hypertension
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Heart Disease
- Nutritional & Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine
- The Handbook of Hypertension
We would be so appreciative if you would share the podcast on your social media channels.
Now Available on Spotify
Please Review Us on ITunes!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast in Itunes. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast. Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!