Dr. Christine Green has been treating tick-borne disease for many decades and lectures world-wide to physicians about testing and treating.
This is a must hear show!
You will never hear all this science-based and nuanced information on Tick-Borne diseases in one place. Dr. Green is an internationally renowned Tick-Borne “Medical Sleuth”!
In this show you will learn:
- What is Tick-Borne disease?
- Where is it and why is it traveling?
- How to avoid it?
- Why all the mystery around diagnosing it?
- What is Lyme?
- What are co-infections?
- What are effective tools to address this illness?
- Which antibiotics and which herbs work for which conditions.
- What does Pott’s disease have to do with Tick-Borne illness?
- What pathogens must you test for in Pott’s disease that are often missed?
- Buhner protocols and books for Lyme.
- And much more!
Dr. Green’s Amazing Links to Help YOU!
Strategy 1: Avoid Ticks
- Pest notes is a useful publication for how to avoid getting bit by a tick or how to avoid encountering a tick. http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7485.html
- Robert Lane PhD
- University of Rhode Island Tick Encounter page is useful – https://tickencounter.org/
- Wear tick protective clothing and have your own clothes treated with safe technology. https://www.insectshield.com/IS-Your-Own-Clothes-P338.aspx
- For a more general view of safe clothing or measures to avoid ticks and still enjoy the outdoors: https://www.insectshield.com
Strategy 2: Tick Encounter
An app that lets you send a picture of the tick and you get an identification
To send the tick in for identification of Lyme, babesia, ehrlichia and/or anaplasma:**
- Local Vector control will frequently identify ticks and Lyme. Less frequently other tick-borne pathogens
- Tick report https://www.tickreport.com /
- Igenex Lab Igenex.com
**A negative report on pathogens in a tick should never change treatment or prophylaxis for a tick bite.
University of Rhode Island has an informative website that can be reached via this website. Tick free New Hampshire has accurate advice about avoiding ticks, killing ticks on clothing after being outside and removing ticks.** https://tickfreenh.org/tick-borne-disease/
** Whenever you come in from a potential exposure to ticks (right season, being near or in grass or oak chaparral) shed your clothes and place dry clothes in a hot dryer for 10 minutes or more.
***Showers and normal washing will not kill ticks.
Strategy 3: Tick Borne Disease Patients
- Columbia Medical Center has an informative website regarding Lyme disease – https://www.columbia-lyme.org/lyme-disease
- Lymedisease.org. This website has a wealth of data. Scientific, social and clinical regarding Lyme and tick-borne diseases. The blogs are especially informative. https://www.lymedisease.org/
- MyLymeData is a patient registry for Lyme disease and tick-borne disease. Already several publications have been produced that can help inform how to diagnose and treat this disease. https://www.lymedisease.org/mylymedata /
- The Lyme disease association – https://lymediseaseassociation.org/
HEALTH CARE PROVIDER EDUCATION CME OPPORTUNITIES
- Cameron, Daniel and Johnson, LB and Maloney EL Evidence assessments and guideline recommendations in Lyme disease: the clinical management of known tick bites, erythema migraines rashes and persistent disease Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy September 2014, Vol. 12, No. 9 , Pages 1103-1135
- The report of the Tickborne disease working group under HHS to Congress provides information on the challenge that tick-borne disease represents to the health and wellbeing of the American population. This clarifies here funding sources should go. https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/tbdwg-report-to-congress-2018.pdf
- This website provides accredited, evidence-based CME modules on Lyme disease for a physician audience. Current topic include: epidemiology of Lyme disease, when a blacklegged tick bite is more than a bite, managing blacklegged tick bites, early Lyme disease, serology, and Lyme carditis. New modules are scheduled to be posted by the end of the year. https://www.lymecme.info/
- Conferences sponsored by Columbia and LDA – https://lymediseaseassociation.org/lda-conferences/lda-conf-2019/2019-annual-scientific-conference-lyme-tick-borne-diseases/
- Conferences sponsored by International Lyme and Associated Disease Society (ILADS) – https://www.ilads.org
Cure Unknown, Pamela Weintraub
Conquering Lyme Disease, Brian Fallon and Jennifer Sotsky
In the Crucible of Chronic Lyme Disease, Kenneth Liegner
Why Can’t I Get Better: Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease, Richard Horowitz
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!