Dr. Gaby is known as the “Father of Medical Nutrition”. His life’s work is the huge reference book: Nutritional Medicine, now in its second edition. This is a “must-have” reference with over 16,000 scientific citations on nutritional therapies. This book was written for healthcare practitioners but has also been extremely well received by the average person who wants to know what nutritional options are available for over 400 health conditions (even when most doctors don’t know about them).
In this show you will learn:
- Is D a vitamin or a hormone?
- How sunlight, skin, liver and kidneys are involved.
- Blood tests for vitamin D are unreliable.
- Dangers of taking too much vitamin D.
- How much vitamin D is “too” much?
- Optimal levels of vitamin D supplementation.
- Vitamin D in relation to pre-diabetes and cancer.
- How vitamin D “activates” a symphony of hormones inside the body.
- The large vitamin D-complex (similar to mixed-tocopherol E’s vs. d-alpha tocopherol)
- Fraud in nutritional literature and why it’s scary and relevant and where it’s coming from.
- Open-access publications vs. peer-review publications.
Dr. Gaby and Dr. Berkson have been life-long friends and colleagues, so you listen and learn while being entertained and enjoying a bit of their back-story.
Guest Resources & Links
Link to Dr. Gaby’s book: Nutritional Medicine
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!