David Brownstein, M.D. is a Board-Certified family physician and one of the foremost practitioners and speakers of holistic medicine.
Dr. Brownstein has practiced holistic medicine for 25 years, has published 16 books, many of them best-sellers.
In this dynamic and personal dialogue between two colleagues and dear friends, you will learn:
- What are the most accurate ways to assess cholesterol.
- What are ideal cholesterol levels.
- Why do cardiologists recommend statins when the statistical science is so poor.
- Statins include atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol XL), lovastatin (Altoprev), pitavastatin (Livalo), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor, Ezallor) and simvastatin (Zocor, FloLipid).
- The most common side effects and the underlying mechanisms.
- Statins increase calcium score numbers: what this is and why you should care.
- Relative versus accurate statistical significance.
- The role of thyroid and hormones in heart health.
- Thyroid resistance, what it is, what labs look like and how you treat it .
- How Dr. Brownstein trains medical students to learn this information.
- And more!
Guest Resources & Links
- The Statin Disaster. Brownstein, David.
- How statistical deception created the appearance that statins are safe and effective in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology, 2015; 8 (2): 201 DOI: 10.1586/17512433.2015.1012494
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!