We all love sweets but which sweets love us? It is known that sugar is bad for us, yet artificial sweeteners might be worse, especially for our microbiome integrity.
Dr. Berkson interviews the President of Swerve Sweetener, Andress Blackwell. Andress used to be a radio host, so she is very savvy and dynamic on air.
In this interview you will learn multiple factoids, recipes and enjoy healthy chats to enlighten your meal capabilities and sweeten your food in healthy ways that don’t up your risk of metabolic disorder and obesity.
With headlines like this, you need to hear this show.
- The Association Between Artificial Sweeteners and Obesity. Curr Gastroenterol Rep.2017 Nov 21;19(12):64. doi: 10.1007/s11894-017-0602-9.
- Artificial sweeteners induce glucose intolerance by altering the gut microbiota. 2014 Oct 9;514(7521):181-6. doi: 10.1038/nature13793. Epub 2014 Sep 17
- Non-caloric artificial sweeteners and the microbiome: findings and challenges. Gut Microbes.2015;6(2):149-55. doi: 10.1080/19490976.2015.1017700. Epub 2015 Apr 1.
For more information on this plant-based healthy sweetener alternative, plus lots of yummy recipes, go to:
Guest Resources & Links
We would be so appreciative if you would share the podcast on your social media channels.
Now Available on Spotify
Please Review Us on ITunes!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast in Itunes. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast. Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!