Natural progesterone that your body makes is very different from synthetic progestins that are patented and sold by commercial companies. The differences between the two are often misunderstood in scientific literature as well as in the clinical trenches of many doctors’ offices, even gynecologists.
In this show you will learn:
- How progesterone got its name.
- How much progesterone a pregnant woman makes and how and why this tends to put autoimmune and inflammatory diseases in remission.
- The dose spectrum range of progesterone.
- Routes of delivery.
- How and why progesterone is made all over the human body, (in both genders.)
- The role of the English physician Katherina Dalton in PMS and progesterone.
- Progestins vs. progesterone
- How natural (made by your body or bioidentical compounded by compounding pharmacists) progesterone is breast protective and reduces the risk for breast cancer whereas progestins increases the risk of breast cancer by 26%.
- How natural progesterone promotes healthy cognitive function and oral ingestion creates calming neuro-steroids (allopregnanolone) vs. progestins which increase the risk of Alzheimer’s by up to 100%.
- How natural progesterone benefits heart health while use of progestins increase the risk of heart attack by 28% and adversely affects coronary function in young women.
- How progesterone acts upon receptors, and then even without receptors.
- How progesterone and estrogen intimately, physiologically intertwine.
- How insufficient progesterone signaling increases the risk of endometrial cancer.
- Progesterone receptors in the human breast.
- How synthetic progestins don’t perform better than natural progesterone, up vulnerability to adverse health effects and are not best suited for long-term therapies.
- About progesterone metabolites: good, bad and ugly.
- How excessive oral progesterone increases pregnane production and what this means.
- Progesterone for men?
- And more.
If you care about hormones you will not want to miss this show.
Resources & Links
Thanks for Listening!
Spread the Knowledge by Sharing This Broadcast on Your Social Media.
You can find Dr. Berkson’s Best Health Radio Podcasts on both Spotify and iTunes.
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
iTunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Listen on Apple Podcast button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a Review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!