In this show we discuss:
- Vitamin D = discipline
- Facing fears by being armed with knowledge that you can personalize
- Censorship in medicine and what to personally do about it
- Obsession with speed is an “anti-path” to contentment
- How mitochondria have their own genome.
- How exercise turns on mitochondria hormones (MTOS-c) and genes to boost better mitochondrial-whole body “cross-talk”
- Sleep – Better to sleep ‘deeper’ than’ longer’ to clear your brain of waste.
- And more.
MOTS-c is an exercise-induced mitochondrial-encoded regulator of age-dependent physical decline and muscle homeostasis. Nature Communications, 2021; 12 (1) DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-20790-0
A deep sleep stage in Drosophila with a functional role in waste clearance. Science Advances, 2021; 7 (4): eabc2999
Want to take a deeper dive into health and hormones?
Go to drlindseyberkson.com/membership to learn how to sign-up to get daily posts, live meetings, questions answered and more.
Come Join the Conversation!
Thanks for Listening!
You can also find Dr. Berkson’s Best Health Radio Podcasts on both Spotify and iTunes.
Spread the Knowledge by Sharing This Broadcast on Your Social Media.
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
iTunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Listen on Apple Podcast button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a Review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!