Hear all about Low-Dose Naltrexone from Pam W. Smith, MD, MPH – an Anti-Aging Medicine Specialist.
Dr. Smith is an international expert on LDN and was a guest speaker at the first international LDN conference in Australia in 2019. Dr. Smith created and teaches many of the modules that certify MDs, pharmacists and NPs to become board-certified as functional practitioners. For the past decade Dr. Berkson and Dr. Smith have often lectured together most recently, team teaching a 16-hr. hormone course a few months ago in Salt Lake, City.
Naltrexone is used in high dosages in the ER for drug overdosages.
In smaller dosages (micro amounts to typically 4.5 mg) is referred to as “Low-Dose Naltrexone” known mostly often as its acronym: LDN.
LDN has many uses. For example LDN: boosts immune function, tamps down unhealthy inflammation, stops cancer tumor growth and metastases, helps auto-immune diseases go into remission, and much more.
Clinical reports on LDN have demonstrated many possible benefits in diverse diseases such as fibromyalgia, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, complex-regional pain syndrome, Hailey-Hailey disease, and cancer.
In this show you will learn:
- Dose ranges of LDN.
- How to properly take LDN.
- The use of ultra-low dosages.
- LDN use for chronic pain and how it may reduce the need for opioids.
- How LDN is used adjunctively for MS, RA, and other auto-immune diseases as well as inflammatory bowel diseases.
- How it works as a promising immunomodulatory agent by binding to opioid receptors in or on immune cells and tumor cells.
- Why many functional doctors are prescribing it for “all” auto-immune and cancer patients.
Naltrexone is a drug and thus any patient can have a reaction but adverse reactions are very rare.
Make sure to listen to this highly educational show.
Guest Resources & Links
What You Must Know About Allergy Relief: How to Overcome the Allergies You Have & Find the Hidden Allergies that Make You Sick
What You Must Know About Thyroid Disorders and What to Do About Them: Your Guide to Treating Autoimmune Dysfunction, Hypo- and Hyperthyroidism, Mood … Loss, Weight Issues, Heart Problems and More
Why You Can’t Lose Weight: Why It’s So Hard to Shed Pounds and What You Can Do About It
What You Must Know About Women’s Hormones: Your Guide to Natural Hormone Treatments for PMS, Menopause, Osteoporis, PCOS, and More
What You Must Know About Memory Loss and How You Can Stop It: A Guide to Proven Techniques and Supplements to Maintain, Strengthen, or Regain Memory
What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & More: Choosing the Nutrients That Are Right for You
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!