Guest Dr. Sahar Sidan
Dr. Sahar Swidan, PHARM.D., ABAAHP, FAARFM, FACA is one of the world’s leading experts on pain, it’s link to the gut, and medical answers that address “root cause”.
Dr Swidan is CEO of Pharmacy Solutions in Ann Arbor, MI, Adjunct Associate Professor of Clinical Research and Leadership at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, and Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy at Wayne State University.
Dr. Swidan received her “Doctor of Pharmacy” and completed a 3-year research Fellowship in “Bio-Pharmaceutics and Gastroenterology” at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Swidan co-authored “Metabolic Therapies in Orthopedics, Second Edition”.
Dr. Swidan is currently Co-Editing and Authoring a book with many thought leaders from around the globe in advanced therapeutics in pain managements, launching in December 2020.
In this show with you will learn:
- Various” root causes” of pain.
- Causes and treatments of migraines.
- What is centralized sensitization syndrome?
- How to diagnose and treat fibromyalgia?
- What does LDN offer for pain?
- What NSAID’s do to progesterone and how they help or worsen pain.
- How to approach Barrett’s esophagus?
- The gut-pain link.
- Complications with Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI’s).
- The role of proton pumps and mitochondria.
- Melatonin to boost mitochondrial PPIs.
- The role of “leaky” in gut wall and blood brain barrier, to pain.
- And more!
This show is fast, friendly and filled with clinical and scientific pearls for pain management for both the professional and smart patient.
Dr. Berkson Links:
Functional Neurology – New Ways to Treat Chronic Pain, Migraines and Fatigue
LDN: Super Immune Booster with Dr. Pamela Smith (#174)