Dr. Pamela Smith is one of the most well-known lecturers in functional medicine. She started out as a family practice and ER doctor but has moved into the arena of functional medicine, hormones and protocols to heal.
She is the founder of The Fellowship in Anti-Aging. She created the modules for this 5-year board certification program where doctors learn how to become “functional practitioners” – all based on science.
Dr. Smith and Dr. Berkson lecture frequently together at these modules and other conferences. For example, Dr. Smith and Dr. Berkson gave a two-day conference for pharmacists in Salt Lake City two years ago.
Dr. Smith is also a prolific author. She has her new book out called Max Immunity. This show is all about how to keep healthy especially in a pandemic.
In this show you will learn:
- How to maximize immunity using specific nutraceuticals and medications
- The two parts of your immune system and timing of nutrients and medications
- Hormones and the immune system
- Sugar/alcohol and the immune system
- Gut health
- Metformin’s role in immunity
- And… why it is never too late to improve your gut health, and thus, your overall immunity.
There are lots of clinical pearls in here. You do NOT want to miss this show.
Some of Dr. Smith’s great books:
More of Dr. Smith with Dr. Berkson
Want to take a deeper dive into health and hormones?
Go to drlindseyberkson.com/membership to learn how to sign-up to get daily posts, live meetings, questions answered and more.
Come Join the Conversation!
Thanks for Listening!
You can also find Dr. Berkson’s Best Health Radio Podcasts on both Spotify and iTunes.
Spread the Knowledge by Sharing This Broadcast on Your Social Media.
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
iTunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Listen on Apple Podcast button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a Review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!