Dr. Mary J. Ruwart is a scientist, ethicist, libertarian author/activist and a close girl friend of Dr. Berkson’s. Thus, this show is informative but also down-home; a chat between friends.
Dr. Ruwart has a Ph.D. in Biophysics and was a research scientist at The Upjohn Company involved in developing new therapies for diverse diseases, such as liver cirrhosis and AIDS.
Presently, in Texas, Dr. Ruwart oversees IRB’s which allow peer-research to unfold in proper regulatory pathways.
Dr. Ruwart writes an Internet column, Ask Dr. Ruwart, featured in the Advocates for Self-Government “Liberator OnLine” e-zine.
In this show you’ll learn:
- How the lack of testing kits helped the spread of COVID.
- Why the CDC’s original testing kits didn’t work.
- The FDA’s role.
- The official “change” of the FDA in 1962 and how this effects each one of us.
- How each of us, the average person, can have some input.
- What the average person can do to help solve some of these problems.
Dr. Ruwart wrote a must-have book on how the FDA got to be what it is today, called Death By Regulation: How We Were Robbed of a Golden Age of Health and How We Can Reclaim It, I encourage you to read it.
Guest Resources & Links
Dr. Berkson: COVID-19 Links
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
Itunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Blue View in iTunes button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!