Regular Medicine is Failing Women
For many health issues from irregular periods to acne to PCOS, doctors pass out oral contraception (oral contraceptives) like M&M’s. The “pill” is good at stopping symptoms. But they do not address the “root cause” of what initiated the symptoms. And they can have downstream adverse effects as they are made up of endocrine disrupting synthetic hormones.
Birth control pills (oral contraceptives) contain synthetic hormones. These synthetic hormones can damage our own home-made hormones. The pill often contains synthetic estrogens (ethinyl estradiol) and synthetic progesterone’s (progestins). All have been found to have endocrine disrupting actions.
For example, it’s clearly been shown that women on oral contraceptives have more tendency to experience anxiety, poor partner choices, more divorce, migraines, and even inflammatory bowel disease in women with genetic glitches. Much of this occurs from the endocrine disrupting action of these endocrine disruptors, or by their blockage of healthy hormone protection in various tissues, like your precious gut wall.
The driving answer becomes, what are safe alternatives?
This show discusses new ways for women to know their bodies and fertility. This knowledge can be used to enhance fertility and also to master drug-free, safe contraception.
Dr. Susan Caldwell
Dr. Susan Caldwell is a rare bird of a physician. She is double-board certified in internal medicine (the thinkers of medicine) and pediatrics (the heart of medicine). She is smart plus heart.
Dr. Caldwell was inspired by the work of Thomas W. Hilgers, MD. This work comes out of the Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction and the National Center for Women’s Health in Omaha, Nebraska.
To add this work to her practice, Dr. Caldwell became a Certified Naprotechnology Medical Consultant. This form of consulting helps get to the “root” of health issues, like progesterone insufficiency which may be causing your irregular bleeding or leaky gut in PCOS patients.
Naprotechnology also gives answers for safe and natural birth control.
This dynamic, heart-felt conversation will help many women on their journey to self-awareness, natural birth control, and to ways to decrease adverse side effects of the pill, should you need to stay on it.
- Caldwell’s website where she also blogs: drsusancaldwell.com.
- Natural womanhood blog – a great source of information for women to learn the benefits of charting and risks of birth control. This page explains some methods and has links to help women to start charting: https://naturalwomanhood.org/learn/get-started/#choose-class
- FEMM method – designed especially for college aged women: https://femmhealth.org
- For women but especially for healthcare providers who want to learn the science behind the methods: https://www.factsaboutfertility.org
- Naprotechnology (short for natural-procreative-technology) For women who need a “PHD” method that leads to medical diagnosis and treatment: www.naprotechnology.com
- To find a Creighton instructor or Napro doctor: https://fertilitycare.org
Guest Contact Information
Susan Caldwell, MD, CFCMC
East Jefferson General Hospital – Lakeview
7030 Canal Blvd, (2nd floor) New Orleans, LA 70124
office (504)503-6760 fax (504)503-6761
Additional Links and Resources
Thanks for Listening!
Spread the Knowledge by Sharing This Broadcast on Your Social Media.
You can find Dr. Berkson’s Best Health Radio Podcasts on both Spotify and iTunes.
Please Review Us!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please take a minute to review the Best Health Radio Podcast. Your reviews are so appreciated and they help others discover the podcast.
iTunes doesn’t make it obvious, so here is the secret handshake to writing a review there…..
1. Click here to access the iTunes page
2. Click the Listen on Apple Podcast button.
3. Click Ratings and Reviews tab to the right of my picture, after Details.
4. Then click the white “Write a Review” button, under the Customer Reviews section.
Thank you so much for your support!